St. Mark Lutheran Church Core Beliefs
We Believe that:
- The Bible is God’s own inerrant and infallible Word. It is the only rule and norm for Christian teaching.
Through Scripture we learn that:
- The Triune God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, (one God, yet three Persons) created the universe and therefore created mankind.
- Mankind rebelled against God the Creator. Now all people are born sinful. As sinners it is impossible for us to please God on the basis of our own goodness or righteousness. All people need God’s forgiveness and gift of new life.
- God sent His Son, Jesus Christ, into the world as true God and true Man to live a perfect life, to suffer and die as our sacrifice for sin, and to rise to life again in victory over sin, death, and Satan.
- Faith is necessary to receive God’s gift of salvation. Saving faith that trusts Christ Jesus as Savior is also a gift from God that He works in us.
- The Holy Spirit creates faith in human hearts through God’s Word and Sacraments.
- Through His Word God reveals to us His will, His love, and His plan for salvation.
- Through the Sacrament of Baptism God gives us the gift of the Holy Spirit and washes our sins away—declaring that our sins have been forgiven by Christ.
- In the Sacrament of the Lord’s Supper, Christ Jesus gives us His Body and Blood in the bread and the wine for the forgiveness of our sins.
St. Mark Lutheran Church is a member congregation of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod.
We are a confessional church that accepts the historic Confessions of the Evangelical Lutheran
Church (compiled in the Book of Concord) as being drawn from the Word of God.
On that account we regard their doctrinal content as a true and binding exposition of Holy Scripture.
For more information pleass visit: www.BookofConcord.org